Thursday, September 29, 2011

statement . x two

"are you trying to make a statement?"

she asked, as I made my way down the hall

this morning with Bugsy on my arm.

She is sweet, and quick with a compliment.

Almost one a day for me,

and I have become used to responding to her with a smily "thank you"-

and then stopping for a chitty chat.

We still chitty chat, she and I, just like we used to do

when she had Bugsy in her kindergarten room.

Her room full of chickadees,... she is a sweet lady.


But this morning, more than a smily thank you was in order.

"Are you trying to make a statement" she had asked.

Huh.

A statement.

Huh.

I had to think about it.

Hmmm.

But only for a minute.





"YES"

"yes, I am. "

"I am trying to make a statement".


Isn't it obvious???




My sister loves me.




4 comments:

  1. Love you and I love that you love what the Avoca hand weavers lovingly wove for you. Awesome. They are SO you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the statement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And all the way from the ‘auld country' no less.
    Your sister must really love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm totally confused. what does this have to do with the peanut butter sandwich?

    ReplyDelete