Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No More Secs.


Yesterday, while we waited for Dec's afternoon bus to roll on up, I figured I'd chip away at the ice on our driveway and walkways before more ice arrived (falling as I type).

I needed Dec's help to hold our swinging gate while I got rid of the ice immediately under it. He really didn't want to help, but did it for a few minutes. Then he let go and the gate closed on my legs. Without realizing it I must have said: please just hold it open for a few more secs. No, no more secs Mommy I don't want to hold on for any more secs!

At first I hadn't even realized that I had said the same phrase to him. I just whipped around with a "What-do-you-mean-any-more-sex-And-who-taught-you-that-word-anyway?!?" look on my face. And then I remembered I'd asked him to hold on for a few more secs. Uh-oh.

But instead of making an issue about it, I just dropped it and started to chip away at another section of the driveway.

But then, all I hear is Nonie is a secser, Nonie is a secser! coming from his mouth.
So I ask politely for him to never say that again.

It sounded like "Nonie is a sexer" and I don't even know what that is but I didn't like it.

And then, because God is Good, the little bus pulled up and Dec jumped aboard.
And simultaneously....because God gives me what I can handle and no more or no less -
Nonie slipped on the ice and banged her head.

And so then I blew kisses to Dec on the bus as I held the bellowing Nonie in my arms.
And next, I smooched Nonie's sweet little head.

The bus roared on up the road and as it did I laughed, because Dec didn't want to hold on for any more secs.

And that was just funny.

I bet God thought so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment