Sunday, August 14, 2011

I couldn't wait....


I couldn't wait for the day for X to start talking. When he was a baby I used to try to imagine what his voice would sound like.

And now, his voice never stops.
And there are some things that come out of his mouth that are the cutest.
What you have in your mouth, mom?
I have gum mom, I'm Brett Gardner. (a Yankee who chews a WAD of gum)
What smells like mom? (while taking a long sniff)


And there are others that I could do without. The curse words he has picked up on are outrageous. And its not that I can be angry at him about the words. Obviously it comes from those around him (I will not name any names here)...but it is just shocking to hear it coming from his mouth.


I couldn't wait to to hear the words come from his mouth, and now they don't stop coming.
As X lolled about in his bath tonight, he was non-stop talking. To his trucks, to shampoo bottle, to his body parts. Along with singing BOOMBOOMPOW he was diarhhea of the mouth.
And I loved it. I organized my jewelry box, cleaned my room, and loved listening to his musings. It was music to my ears.



By the way, on this lovely summer rainy day, remember this? Ahhh, I hope summer lasts forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment