Friday, November 18, 2011

Watch where you wipe (your hands)

Last weekend I was at a wedding that's was really hard for me.
Really hard.
I like to kick back and enjoy myself as much as the next gal but this time it was hard. Really hard.
After a day and a half of, let's say "dealing" I was back in the hotel room with my honey, coming undone. My poor honey. Sure, he has seen me come undone. But I do usually try to keep it together.
"I just wish I didint care so much" (heave) "but every time I'm around these people I just (heave) can't help it I get (heave) so wrapped up in everything."

I'm so glad I had the ability to recognize this experience happening to me. Unfortunately I didn't quite possess the strength of character to stop it from happening. I mean I tried, to stop myself.
My poor honey.

I know this about myself, that's why I'm here, I think. Way up here. If I'm there, I'm that. When I'm here, I can be this. I think this is better than that.

So I've come back into my own and thanked my honey and hung up my pink and green so I think balance has been restored. And then today trough the powers of Facebook I saw a girl that I met in new Orleans write "so, I don't wear anything I can't wipe my hands on" and I thought YES that's where I am. What an incredible arc my life has been.
Because, no, one wouldn't want to wipe ones hands on ones Lilly pulitzer dress would they?

And I've got chalk prints everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment