Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dreamy Eyes


Well.
It happened.
I remember it all, I do. But I remember it like it was a dream.
Is that what good memories are?

I have some reminders that what I did this past weekend was get married to the love of my life.
I have an extra ring. And he has a new one.
Kids are experimenting with my new name. My flowers are hanging over the sink.

I laughed tonight with my husband.
I laughed so hard.
I laughed so hard that I re-got bronchitis. The bubbles in my lungs and raspy breathing were accelerated by the fact that we were roaring with cheer.
We laughed about spousal duties. Like making dinner and setting the table.
I made jokes about having watched soap operas and Oprah all day.

It was so light. I know it won't always be that way.
But it was a good start
to this new dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment