Tuesday, February 7, 2012

a mother's wish....


I never imagined having two boys. I did not a have picture in my head of what my family would be, but being a woman and having three sisters, I just a figured there would be a girl in my life.
And there still may be, who knows.
But right now I am really enjoying my boys.
This morning I woke up with a bed full of men.
I have learned more about Star Wars in the past two months than I ever cared to know about in all my life.
I have been told I am as beautiful as Princess Leia and I know that is a compliment, and I can laugh because I know how funny and true it is when Xavy says his little brother is like R2D2 because of his noises and the way he moves his hands.

I have learned to embrace my love of camouflage and try not to cringe and yell when every single item is turned into a gun or a light saber.



Granted, I did have to paint my front door pink this past week, just in case I remain the only girl in this joint (I have been told in the past day that our first dog will have to be Eli).




I do think about the future, about them finding a mate and possibly moving away.
I hope for them a lifetime friendship, that is deep and goes beyond the wedgies and competition. I hope that for me too.
When I ran into a coworker last week she told me about her 2 boys, now in their mid twenties, friends. She beamed as she spoke about her boys and as I turned to leave she said to me,


and they are good to their mama.....

No comments:

Post a Comment