Friday, February 17, 2012

Happier House.




So, when asked by our realtor to write a "Happy House Testimonial" for the reverse side of the MLS listing sheet (which now graces my kitchen counter), I took to the photo archives to stir up the memories and I think this picture above just might be my favorite in all the lot. The arrow sign in the distance above Nonie's head is the sign Lilly painted for our wedding and it is in our front garden with the words "Kara & Damien". Gosh, Happy House is full of the good stuff.

And when I look at this picture I remember that Nonie scooted. She never crawled. And here, on this day and in this photo, she scooted right through the front door and outside into the rain. And it was a beautiful moment. I didn't stop her. She got very wet, and she loved it. But, I think I loved it more.

And I also think I've used this picture before on this blog. Forgive me.

And so, when I wrote to my best friend of 35+ years on the night we listed the house to tell her the news, she responded to my email titled "we've put Happy House on the market" with the following:

"I'm so sad to hear that you are going to be leaving Happy House, but, I can't wait to visit Happier House".

And that is why she is my best friend. Thanks Toad.

No comments:

Post a Comment