Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Pocket Full...



Sometimes I come home, empty my pockets, and surprise myself with what I've collected.
Oftentimes there are paper clips, rubberbands, paper scraps, marbles, math tools, bracelets.
Things that were handed to me and things that I've taken.
Things, though, that are not totally out of place in a pocket.

I was on a field trip today with my class and one of my students had something in his hand he was shoving into his pocket.
Ooohoohoo that kid sneaking things around... I thought.
So, as I often do, I held out my hand to take, whatever it was, from him.

As I held it in my hand I had a horrible thought...
So I turned to the lady next to me and asked,
"Oh my gosh, do I have his mother's underwear in my hand right now?"

And without much more thought,
I took those undies,
and put them in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment