Monday, March 30, 2009

Sleepless in NYC

Oh, I've done it!... Not being extremely technical, it was a bit of challenge for me to figure out how to post on this blog. I came across some interesting blogs in my search for the option to post. Interesting things, that are not appropriate to blog about, so I am glad to have that all 'behind' me.
Well - I learned a good lesson about bragging this weekend. Never, Ever brag about a sleeping baby. I told anyone who I spoke to this weekend that Annie slept three days in a row, pretty much through the night: 1 a.m. - 8 a.m.; midnight - 7 a.m.; and 11:30p.m. - 6:45a.m. Boy, was I excited. I thought this was IT, I am at the turn in the road and can see the finish line in the distance. I had visions of 8 hours of sleep, waking without dark bags under my eyes, having an almost a 'refreshed' look.
AND then there was last night. Night 4 where I was so confident as I put my own head down to sleep that I would not open my eyes until 7 a.m., but Annie foiled my plan. She not only foiled my plan she showed me what you get for bragging. From midnight until 8a.m., Annie made sure I was awake every two hours. Gone is that "Oh so refreshed look" that I longed for - and is absent from any new mothers face.
And so I humbly remain, sleepless in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment