Wednesday, June 10, 2009

having a swine day

I am back! Some pics from the roadtrip to come when I sort through the disaster that is the mess of things that was inside my car that lies in an undisclosed location. As I was sifting ever so neatly and in an organized fashion through these piles this morning I got a call from Williston Central School. I stopped in yesterday to talk to some peeps, see if there were any openings or find out if someone was just itchin' for me to have a classroom of my very own, get my name on the sub list for next year. You know, all those things you just breeze in and ask. The lady said "Actually people are dropping like flies, maybe you want to stick around today?" I held to my better offer, which was a pasta and ice cream date with Madds.

Turns out, people were not dropping like flies - but rather like pigs. Huge outbreak of swine flu - school is shutting down early for the summer. Can I come in and sub?

Now I wouldn't call myself a risk-taker but I think I threw caution to the wind on this one. Swine flu is for babies! So here I am sitting in a foreign language classroom (during a 2.5 hour break might I add). Hope nobody coughs on me!!

3 comments:

  1. Now the real question is... did you just watch the swine flu video that Granny circulated? Hope you don't get stuck with the swine cough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. work...work it girl...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OINK OINK.. You are so much TUFFER than a bunch of filthy pigs. I too worked through the swine, just arm yourself with Clorax wipes and Purell.

    ReplyDelete