Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The clock on my computer is an hour behind, so I know it wasn't a dream. But part of me feels like I was never there.

Sweltering heat, lonely weekends, longing for... well, anything else. I'm starting to feel like New Orleans really didn't happen.

When I can spread out my arms and touch all my sisters at once, I know this is where I should be.

When I pick up the phone and tell Tese YES I'll be over for dinner... in five minutes... I know.

When I drive down the road and see green hills instead of brown rivers... I know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the experience of it all. It's all about the experience - I am coming to find. But MAN was that far away or what?
Feeling like I should love on my peeps- for being with me before and after, near and far, day and night. Your smiles make me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment