Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Big Green Wonder

When I think of weeping willow trees, I think of being a kid.

When I think of being a kid, I think of weeping willow trees.

It's a cycle, you see.

Eric asked me a few months ago if I had a favorite tree. He did not, of course, mean a favorite kind of tree. He meant an actually favorite tree in a specific place. He had one. He would. I was stumped (ha!).

Then last weekend I saw a weeping willow.

My mind was flooded with glimpses out the Gray Rock back door. I thought of all things child-like. They were all good. I'm not quite sure what the Weeping Willow tree does. I don't think I can get nuts or cones. They're not great Christmas trees. Maybe that's the thing. Maybe they don't do all that much. I guess I'm alright with that.

What I'm saying, really, is that the willow is my favorite tree. Anywhere.

Sidenote: I have a picture of the tree I saw this weekend. It's stunning, but the "upload picture" button seems to be the ONLY ONE on this dern website that DOESN'T WORK. Am I aggravated? Yes I am. So I'll describe it to you.
The tree is huuuuuuuuuuuuuge. The branches hang down to the grounnnnnnnnnd. The top of the tree didn't even fit in the picture because it was so talllllllllllllllllll.

This post feels incomplete without a picture. You might want to google "weeping willow" so you can feel whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment