Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tour de Ireland

While we missed the actual Tour de Ireland by a week, (yes it would have been nice to see Lance winding his way through the narrow roads) our own tour was spotted with some incredibly special and memorable moments.
On the first day that the boys went to play golf, the girls and Xave hung out at the hotel, did some shopping, and had a chance to test out the hotel's spa. Being on the west coast of Ireland, one would not suspect that the spa facilities would be the greatest. While I was the last to go, I still didn't know what I was getting into. I signed up for the "full pressure" style, as I have merely laughed at in the past (nothing could satisfy). I am not sure at what point the awkwardness began, whether it was right away when I was asked to disrobe in full light in full view of my small, Taiwanese massuese, or when she was on me, literally crawling upon my naked back on all fours, but it was there. At some point I must have gotten over this, perhaps it was the jet lag, but I do know I fell asleep several times, so I must have been comfortable.
I think I was more than comfortable, it was grand! Afterwards, the ginger tea, the dark room, the sweet pineapple, perfect!! I'll take a lady on my back anyday, no inhibitions here! Lots more adventures, lots more fun...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Nothing ever phases you during a tribathalon :)

    ReplyDelete