Friday, October 16, 2009

My First Date


Dec was sad when I picked him up from school today. He felt a bit left out. Friends around him were partnering off, heading to playdates, whispering in the corner, and tripping him on his way in from the playground.

So this evening, I took him on a date. First trip to the movies. Left Dame and Nonie at home.

These are the things I learned:
1. Norwalk, CT has 2 movie theatres. And we were in both this evening, made it to the right one just in time for the show!
2. Cloudy With a Chance of Ice Cream is not the name of the movie. But it does make Dec laugh when I call it that.
3. Sometimes, I just need a little time with my first born. Alone. That's when I get the non-stop "I love you mommies" that make it feel like it is raining ice cream and chocolate kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment