Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One of those daze


It was one of those days.

Not the good kind.

The kind where your eyes are bleary, hair is knotty and breath is....well...less then favorable.

It was a Monday, 2:00 a.m., lights on , toys out, full on play mode. Until about 5.

I could blame teeth, or a nagging cough, or over stimulation from days and days of family.

Finally after 15 hours of no sleep (for me anway, the kid grabbed a few zzz's sleeping on my chest while coughing in my face), I decided to try the car. Which was not part of my plan. Sleep in the car for him means no rest for the mama.

Moi.


So I load up the car, hoping that I can at least be productive and get a birthday treat for Bri.
But I can't find my keys.
Any my hair looks like a rat's nest, and my breath is oh so desirable, and I am an my pj's.


And my keys are missing.

But I just had them.


And the radio is blaring and the seat heat is keeping my bottom warm. And my keys are....yup....in the ignition because the car is ON.

Genius!



And he starts to fall asleep about 2 seconds before the store so the windows are down and the radio is up and the singing is LOUD.

And we make it to the store, birthday treats are bought, and we survive the day. And the daze.




No comments:

Post a Comment