Thursday, December 2, 2010

Charades


(Or as I like to say Sha Rods, sometimes it's fun to put the emPHAsis on the wrong syALLble.)

Family traditions. Some are traditional, say our (non)secret santa tradition.
Some should remain within the family and not be shared. (perhaps the quarter game of ourleen's future in-laws).


Then there are the ones that some families are great at and enjoy.
And others should not do.


Charades is one we are not so great at.
We are not actors.
We try, but it is pretty pathetic.
Fun? Yes... but a little sad.
And as I was thinking of this I have a vivid memory of an MV night, when another set of in-laws started a rousing game of charades.

And papa got this to act out:



To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.


Even the best actor on his best day would struggle with this.
Poor papa.
I am not sure what he came up with. But I'm sure it wasn't pretty.
And I know I will never forget the name of that movie.





Here's to the holidays and all traditions, new and old.
This one I learned at the first Thanksgiving I spent with my in-laws.



A toast to the President.



Happy Holidays.




No comments:

Post a Comment