Monday, December 13, 2010

Do Your Best.

Back in September this was the theme we introduced for the kids' 2010-2011 school year.
And I promised to reveal this great theme in my post here.
But then I didn't deliver on that promise. Until today.

Today I read this sign, carved by the hubs and hanging in a prominent locale in our kitchen.
I must scurry by it a gazillion times a day.
But today I paused, spun on my heels and read it.
Seconds passed on the clock as the words sunk in.

"Do your best".
(I can do that)

It doesn't say "Do it all"
(Which is good, cause I can't do that)

I carried on and realized quickly that I'd accepted these three words as my theme for today.
And actually, after mulling it over in the shower this afternoon,
I've decided to ride this theme straight into the New Year...

'Cause I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment