Thursday, January 27, 2011

One What?


It has only dawned on me now that yesterday, the hubby offered to do a really nice thing for me.

In the midst of a dumping snow storm, and after hours working on a press release about a topic not worthy of any news....

I tossed my head back (and away from my computer) and said, "ahhhhh, I just need a diet coke..." (knowing, full well - that our fridge contained only seltzer, milk and ginger ale...).

A few minutes later he had Nonie bundled in her snow suit and one hand on the door...

He was on his was to "collect Dec from school" and turned back toward me:

"So, do you want me to get you one...?"

"One what?!", came my confused reply.

"A diet coke," he said - clearly in disbelief that I'd forgotten my cry to the heavens so quickly.

"Oh!....

"Oh! Oh noooooo - you don't even pass a store on the way to Dec's school....." I said, feeling ashamed I'd made such a stink about caffeine.

And so, I didn't have a diet coke.

No coke for me.

But,

I had something infinitely better:

A husband who listened and cared.

Even in this tiniest of ways.

And I appreciate that.

And him. Oh yes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment