Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Bonnets and Bread Puddin'

Today I needed to bundle up. This was hard to do considering I shipped off a $75 package of my winter clothes two weeks ago. I can't say I wasn't warned. Just as locals had told me "There will be one cold month of winter " (an idea that I poo-pooed at the time) so they said "It will get hot... and then it will get cold again". Outrageous! "What do they know?"

Well, they knew.

It's all relative, I guess. It was 60 something degrees, bright sunshine and a pretty breeze. My concept of cold has changed. I thought about turning on the heat in my apartment tonight, but opted for a pair of fuzzy pink socks instead.


I'm thinking about what I'll pack to bring to Vermont later this week. Do five layers of cotton equal one layer of wool? Would a paper grocery bag decorated as an Easter bunny (a la Chris circa 1985) act as proper hat?

Stay tuned for pictures of Tese, Maddy and I in our Easter bonnets. Tese has already threatened to turn a basket upside down and stick it on Maddy's head (THE HORROR! We would SO not win the contest at church). Also, our bread pudding is on the horizon. Should be a lovely holiday.
ALSO--- Check out this picture I snapped at the zoo
yesterday. It looks like these giraffes are necking
(HA!) but really they are fighting. They were swinging their necks at each others, I thought they were going to get tangled up!
They must be cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment