Tuesday, April 28, 2009

jazz hands

I am a failure. I spent about 15 hours at jazzfest this weekend and did not even do jazz hands. Kara, can you forgive me?

I did get to see some amazing music, crafts and THIS.


A costume of the "Mardi Gras Indians". As far as I know they are an elusive group that exists only through stories but apparently they are the real deal and they run around in outfits such as these. All of those images are done with beading. I think. Maybe that's a lie, but maybe not. What I do know is that the little gap above the cross-shape figure is for their face. Did I mention it's hot down here? I was in a full body sweat when I got to work in a tank top in the morning, I can only imagine what goes on under those costumes (aka, underoos etc.)

Of the New Orleans events I've experienced, this is among the most spectacular. It's like being at the beach on the Vineyard, minus the cool ocean breeze (and ocean) and umbrellas, plus 100,000 people, loud music and deep fried everything. Annie would hate it! I stand firm in saying, it is jazz hands worthy. I can't believe I forgot them!


1 comment:

  1. That's going to look cute on top of the car on the drive home.

    ReplyDelete