Tuesday, May 19, 2009

hug

Remember my whole bit a few weeks back, with the hug and the "are you a hugger" and the OH I'M SORRY I didn't know I had to hug you thing?

That got me thinking.

A friend of mine from college is in town (interviewing for jobs, possibly moving here... the timing is - once again - impeccable) and I gave her a hello hug last night. A quick one. And I got to thinking that I haven't hugged anyone since Easter break when I was in Vermont. I got sad. OK so I am not a HUGGER but I would like a squeeze now and then.

My boss gave me a hug about an hour ago. I almost cried. Well, I kind of did, which got me thinking.

Remember Christmases of old? When I would make a schedule of when I could wake everyone up in the morning? I was thinking that maybe we could make a HUG schedule. This way you can have time to plan. I won't even say GIVE ME A HUG but maybe we could just fall into it. A mutual hug, if you will.

Who wants to be first?

2 comments: