Saturday, May 16, 2009

Instead of baby books

Instead of baby books Dame and I fill each child's email account with musings from our days.  The plan is that they'll get the login name and password later on in their life - when these posts actually mean something.

May 16, 2009
"Love"
Ms. Nonie,

Today you sat perched on a table cloth in the middle of the yard while I gardened.

I looked at you most of the time (got very little gardening done).  

You are beautiful.

You were so happy with your array of balls (kickball, tennis ball and two velcro balls and paddles).  You giggled.  You laughed.  You played.

We rolled in the grass for about an hour.  I must have kissed you 5 million times.

At the climbing wall on the swingset you stood for 10 minutes.  I blew bubbles that circled the curly hairs on your head.

You beamed with pride as you stood.  STOOD for minute after minute.

Unlike your adventurous cousin Xave - you have NO INTEREST IN MOVING.

This is okay.  We had lots to do in that one spot.  Lots of leaves on trees to look at.  The birds wondered if you were a statue.  I thought they might land on your tiny hands and feed on the crumbs stuck to your face from lunch.

When you sat in your swing today your arms and legs flapped with joy.  I call you a baby bird because of these habits of yours.  Yes, i AM your mother.

You are happiest in your swing.  Good vantage point of the whole yard.  Predictable motions.  Breeze in those curls on your head.  No one fussing about you.

You swang (swung) (did swing) for several more priceless minutes... I occupied the swing beside you and I think this made you even happier (if possible).

I can't imagine spending an afternoon in May any other way.

When I am with you without my camera I think to myself: "click click click" and I capture these memories and store them away for the days when my memories are fuzzy.  Click click click: your face, the crumbs from lunch, your tiny toes with a blade of grass stuck in them.

I adore you Miss Nonie.  I adore you.

Mommy

###

"Cough"
Decky,

You have a bad cough tonight and it is making me sad.

This, after a jam packed day of fun.


Trains in the morning - boy we built a great loop with Ms. Nonie in the middle.  Baked delicious cornbread and you cracked the egg.  So proud.

Bday party with Daddy and Cormac.

Visit from Granny Tess and Grandpa this afternoon.

Dinner.  Biked to the Lake after dinner....sandcastles, lightening McQueen, and runners taking a dip in the water!

We had a big day yesterday that ended with you going on almost every ride at the carnival.

Tomorrow is ANOTHER Bday party in the morning and then Greenwich Festival in the afternoon.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.  Why are you sick?  I can't figure it out.  This cough has got to go....

Daddy and I are taking turns taking care of you.  You are sweeter than sweet right now.

I love you.  You are a good boy.  And when I just told you that as I kissed your forehead you said to me (in your sleep):

"You're a good girl mommy".

You are extraordinary in every way.

I feel lucky to share my days with you.

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment