Friday, May 15, 2009

a new view


I'm looking for a new view. The view across my living room right now is of a dwindling living space - turned stage area for packing up life. I think I do this too much. In the past four years I have moved six times. I am getting too old for this.

I want a view that doesn't involve looking out an iron-barred window. That window, by the way, has recently been painted shut. From the outside. It's hot in here.

I want a view that will stay the same for more than ten months. This particular view comes with a monthly paycheck. Maybe a dog.

I want a view of a place that is close to my family. I like being in the loop.

It's a good thing I held off on the moving out process until now. I wanted to start two weeks ago. I've sold my couch, 4 tables, and a bookshelf. I am sitting on the floor. I might have jumped the gun.

But I'm excited for a new view.

3 comments: