Thursday, July 16, 2009

Whelmed.

Can you just be whelmed? I know this is a classic movie quote - well actually not a "classic" movie because the movie is actually from the late 90's which puts it in a different time frame altogether, but you know what I mean.




Let me answer my question with an answer. As I googled the movie I found that actually, you can be "whelmed" and, in all honesty, it means the same thing as overwhelmed. That seems dumb. But I guess it's kind of like being excited and being over-excited. Same idea, yeah?


OK anyway, here's my point. So far today I've had 2 different jobs and had 2 different places to live. It was like this a:1 --> b:1 --> b:2 --> a:2. Is that confusing OR WHAT? You don't even want to know how long it took me to write that formula. I have about 134 other things to do right now.


Needless to say I am feeling whelmed. This morning I was feeling OVERwhelmed, and Tese and Kara were laughing at me, but things have calmed down since then. So now I'm just whelmed. But if whelmed means the same thing as overwhelmed than maybe I am underwhelmed?


What I mean is that if I could alter this picture I would change my face to a straight line, or maybe a crooked smile... but definitely not a frown. I might furrow my brow a bit too.


You get it? Kind of like, little fish in a big... whale's mouth...

1 comment: