Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Again and again and, well, again

It is groundhog day.
Guess what? I really DID NOT like that movie with Bill Murray. It annoyed me a lot. But I do like the idea of Groundhog Day even though I always want to call him Punxsutawney Pete instead of Phil. I think it has a better ring to it. Punxsatawney is not spelled at all like I thought it was.
Anyway, I am not surprised that there are six more weeks of winter because winter is a cold gray blanket that likes to stay on the bed for a while.
I am the bed, in this case.

A year ago I walked down the street.Winter was not cold.
Or gray.
Winter was green.
I wore skirts.

I stepped over this on the sidewalk.
A bit more elegant than "SEWER" wouldn't you say?

Cars greeted me on St. Charles Ave.

Well BEEP BEEP to you, sir.

I am having this feeling these days. When I rise and when I lay my head down.

It is still winter.
It will be winter tomorrow.

I will be cold.
*This time last year I was not cold*
although Annie, Tese and Maddy might disagree about the heat's ability to work in my pad

I still miss New Orleans.
I still wonder if I ever should have left.
I wonder if I ever should have gone in the first place.

I know that Spring will come.
The nagging feelings of gray and wanderlust will subside.
Green will return.
The "what if's" and the "but when's" will fade away.

And I will welcome them all.

Just like every groundhog year.

No comments:

Post a Comment