Saturday, February 6, 2010

WORKING VS MOTHER

It was a battle last week. The working part of me had busy days. The mother part of me had a child with another ear infection.

Thanks to my family I didn't have to take a day off work. I dumped sicky on Tar with her kids for one day and Googy for another.

But having between 3-4 hours of sleep at night did start to take it's toll.

I had black rings under my eyes and some less than desirable facial blemishes. Everyday added a new one. When I picked sicky up from Tar's house I sat in the car and made a work call. Trying silence a whiny child with an ear infection, I gave him my lips to hold. One minute on the phone and off we go, I buckle up so we can hit the road (I am making an effort not to talk and drive anymore). As I turn I see that my lips (a big tube of Palmers coco butter that looks like a glue stick) had been opened, dug out of the tube with with a tiny finger, and applied all over sicky's face. And my first thought is, well at least I don't wear lipstick.

Another night goes by, another fever to tend to and cries of pain to soothe. But at least it's Friday. As I drive away from Googy and Xave playing choochoo I realize I am make-up less.
I have on my red pants and red pin for Women with Heart Disease (3/4 patients I was seeing that day) and my paler then paler face spotted with "blemishes" and "bags". I decide against turning back home, not wanting to interrupt the bonding and or napping that is going on between a boy and his grandpa. So I head to my favorite store, CVS, to get some new products. Not wanting to duplicate the make-up I already have at home, I decide on a very practical concealer.


And I go RED with my LIPS.

I go red for me and my long week, I go red for mothers, and women. I go red (or maybe dark pink, but it's a clashing thing with the hair) with my LIPS for the first time ever. It made me happy.


And I'm sure it will also look GREAT on Xave.





No comments:

Post a Comment