Monday, August 2, 2010

Cleaning out the sugar bowl.


After entertaining, I never remember to clean out my tiny wedgewood sugar bowl.

In the excitement of the day, it gets shoved to the back of the cupboard up high - lumpy sugar and all - waiting for the next Happy House soiree.

And the next time I need it, I usually think to myself "Damn, the sugar bowl has ten-year-old-sugar in it and I should really dump it out and start anew...."

But, I'm ALWAYS in too much of a pre-party rush and decide to dump loose sugar on top of the sugar rock that has formed in the bottom of the bowl and move on to the next task - hoping my sweet-toothed guests won't care..

But this morning? This morning I cleaned out my sugar bowl.

And it was a nice way to start this summer Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment