Monday, August 2, 2010

... don't you?

I've been pushed around by some pushy women lady and I. Don't. Like it.

I'm not really sure I like putting periods after every word to emphasize a point either. But I just did it, so maybe I do like it? Does that mean I might also like pushy women?

No.

Do I?

No. No.

These women. These WOMEN. Lordy. They say something that they think, and sometimes it's not nice. And then they say "don't you?" in a way that implies you have to say "yes" or else. Or else, who knows? They're pushy, they could be capable of anything.

One women said "Oh I HATE writing in books" (the textbook kind) "don't you?" Well... I WAS writing in one. So, no? But I kind of do. So, YES, me too. Plus, just back off lady!

I made the mistake of agreement to Eric's aunt this weekend when she asked me if I liked tea... well "I joost loov tea, don't you?". She's from the Netherlands but lives in England and tea drinking is clearly her favorite part of British culture. More tea than Annie could handle! But wait, I do like it, so "YES!" And I do, but when we got home at 1 am from the wedding and I bee-lined to the bathroom to brush my chops - she followed me there, asking if I wanted tea... well... BACKFIRE! She couldn't believe I didn't want any because I had already confirmed that I looved it as much as she did.
I was half falling asleep on the loo and she was about to pound the door down to force-drink me tea. For shame woman!


As for the bunnies, I wasn't even asked if I "don't you?" like them. Apparently it was just an assumption that I do, so the poster was left above the classroom door.
Well guess what? Bunnies freak me out! You can now find them in the trash can.

Maybe some day I'll muster up the courage to say NO to the pushies. No to your non-book writing and NO to your tea loving and NONONO to your bunnies.

I just want to live in a land where I don't get pushed around.

Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment