Monday, August 30, 2010

The Other Side of Awesome.


Nonie's favorite book right now is the Big Red Barn.
She chooses it always as one of her bedtime treasures.

Tonight was no different.
She cluched it along with Brown Bear, Brown Bear and hopped on into bed.

Emah actually turned me on to this book - I never appreciated before she exclaimed,
"it has every farm animal in it - Xave loves it - of course, Nonie will love it - read it to her.."

So out of the goodwill pile it came and I read it.
It is pretty awesome.

Tonight though, when I asked sweet Nonie what each animal says her response surprised me.
Instead of Moo, Quack, Neigh, Baa - I got "No Nos" "No Nos" "No Nos".

For those who aren't down with her lingo, "No Nos" is her name.
Or at least according to Xave and her.

Here we go: What does the cow say? "No Nos" Really? What does the pig say? "No Nos!"
Each animal. They all were reading from the same script. Apparently.

When the book was finished I tucked her in and asked her the million dollar question.
Nonie, what does the other side of awesome look like?


And she pointed to her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment