Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cocktail Party!

I go to a lot of cocktail parties.
I do.

Cocktail partying is a skill - kind of an art form.
It is.

Communicating effectively when you can't hear anything.
That's hard. But I can do it well.

When I'm at cocktail parties I try to stand really tall and always be thinking about my next move.
It's like a game.

A tense, but fun, but stressful game of maneuvering, quick thinking, small talk....
"Check mate, another bacon wrapped something or other please!!!!"

I go to a lot of cocktail parties.
Like, a lot.

And usually by the last 1/2 hour everyone has their eye on the door.
But THIS EVENING?

The fabulous caterer at the party this evening sent her servers through the party with 1/2 hour to spare. They each wore an antique cigarette carrying cases (around their necks) filled with..........?
(Not cigarettes)

PENNY CANDY!!!

Brilliant! Suddenly, everyone was happy and no one had their eye on the door.
And my smile grew as big as those apple slices up there.

Oh, right - the apple slice smiles.
That happened last week when we made apple slice desserts (with peanut butter and marshmallows).

While I've grown to love cocktail parties, if given the choice:
I'd not hesitate to spend an evening at Happy House devouring apple slice smile desserts with my sweet ones. There simply is nothing finer.

No comments:

Post a Comment