Monday, November 1, 2010

Joy in Macaroni.


Last week, this macaroni sheet jumped off the school bus and walked into my house. And I?
I've never felt such joy or pride. In fact, I paraded it around the house for a solid 20 minutes.

I hope kids everywhere get a chance to create something out of macaroni.

I have such fond macaroni memories. This is joy defined.
Frustration of course, when the macaroni takes on a life of its own during the gluing process.
Then, nothing but joy (PRIDE EVEN!) when beholding the masterpiece.
Or should I say,

Pièce de résistance

.
(Oh Monet, are you turning in your grave?!) (Good.)

Now I'm just waiting for the macaroni necklace. You know, the one with huge purple and orange feathers?

I may just faint when that necklace jumps off the bus and through my kitchen door.

But when I put it on, I might just be the proudest mother on the planet.

This macaroni? This is the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment