Monday, November 8, 2010

Simple Demands.


Twice today Nonie barked orders at me. And twice today I was caught off guard.

The first time was when I stood outside waiting for Dec's bus and she wanted to come but (at that very moment) was without pants, shoes, jacket, or hat and had a terribly runny nose. So I didn't let her out.

"Come in!" she demanded. "Come in!" she barked once more.

When I turned to ask her who would get Dec if I came inside?
She answered quite emphatically: "COME IN!".

The second time she bossed me was when I raised my head after lying with her for 20 minutes telling her stories about how much I love her. I lifted my head to scratch it and she again yapped:

"Lie Down!". "Lie Down!". "LIE DOWN!"

Whoa Nonie.

But she had a day today. Not terrible, but rougher than most.
And as I sit and type and she lies and sleeps, it makes me happy to know that home is where she wants to be.

And by home I mean nestled inside our cozy Happy House.
And by home I mean, nestled inside my arms.

Now - hours later, I replay her two simple demands of the day and know that they translate to so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment