Thursday, July 14, 2011

What I Found.

In the living room tonight, Declan and Nonie sleep side by side.

They are camping out.

In doors.

It is summer.

Isn't this what kids do in the summer?

Sleep in different places, and giggle with each other while they feel special about sleeping in exciting and usually off-limits places?

At least, this is what my kids do in the summer.

Just for kicks I took their glowsticks from the freezer (which had been there since the concert the other night) and hung them to the light fixture above them for instant summertime ambience.

It is in the dim glow of fading light sticks, that I'm taking time to reassure my babies that I am with them while they fall asleep in this new and mysterious place.

I pause to think about how, in the future, there will be many new and mysterious places they choose to rest their heads - and I won't with them, to stand guard over them, 4 steps away.

Also, I am using the quiet time to

download my camera. It has been a while.

401 pics to be an exact count of how long the long while has been.


Without further ado, here is a sampling of what I found:

sunny sunflowers growing along the white picket fence - a sure sign that summer is here
at long last.
surfer girl brushing her teeth in front of her
favorite audience and biggest fan.

cousins sharing secrets at the seashore.


fathers standing guard.

little rascals getting herded for a group shot.


no comment.

the hubs, hiding from my lense -
oh I'll find you every time my dear.

the best we could do.
after a few seconds of jostling around, the youngest ended up at the bottom...
like a tiny grain of sand.
and I agree with the look on her face - it ain't fair.


hand holding.
a daughter's sparkle.



we weren't even playing charades.


fences in bloom. 02539.
hats with personality.


anniedeux.

running bases played by the adult relatives. with one token youngster thrown in the mix.
average age of runners? 36.9
in my mind I call this picture "life is a game".

1/2 a picture.
1 story.


high five for granny.

t-shirt competition.

summertime silhouettes.


practicing for his first day of school.

practicing for his first day at school.


jumping in at mile 4.99.

celebrating at mile 5.0.

A treasure trove of memories.

What I found.


oh and as if you didn't notice - a very persistent smudge on my camera lense
yup, I discovered that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment