Wednesday, July 6, 2011

sneak peak at a messy apartment

There's nothing glamorous about living in a stuffy ol' apartment 2 days before closing on a new house.




There are boxes everywhere and when I feel like I'm done with something for a while I just throw it in one of the boxes. I'd say they're strategically placed for that purpose but really they're just everywhere so I could pretty much throw anything anywhere at anytime and it would land in one of my boxes. It's a bit funny to have this flexible deadline for being switched into the new place. Drake is confused and follows me around. That's him sleeping on the rug from his crate, which is set up on the back deck because who can be bothered with things like that inside. But I didn't want the carpet to get wet in the rainstorm. So that's that.
There is zero rhyme or reason.
Here's what I'm going to show up with at the closing:
a carpet shampoo machine (I hope)
some scrubbing supplies
2 stools that I have to retrieve from my classroom
the dog
sleeping bag and pillow
toothbrush
# to the nearest pizza place.
I think that should do it. That might even be over packing. Really all I need is Drake and the pizza number. We'll see what else fits in the car.

Did you know that I have been dreaming of an orange bathroom for about 2 years?



Except I think I'd do wainscoting on the lower half of the wall and then orange up top. I can seem mom rolling her eyes. IT'S OK. I don't think I'll pull the trigger quiet yet. I think the bathroom would need to be really small.
Here's what I'm picturing though...
bathroom

kitchen

See, no orange. So relax.

1 comment: