Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The flower's shadow.


When I took this picture today...

I was at work.

I missed Nonie desperately.

I had to time it just right, because the wind was blowing, and the shadow was hard to catch.

When I took this picture I was walking with a man who retired from our organization 2 weeks ago after 2 1/2 decades of work on the land. Yesterday, he closed on the house he built with his bare hands. Tomorrow he moves to a condo an hour away.

I was kneeling in white linen pants in dirt.

I didn't know the name of the flower.

When I took this picture I was hungry.

And sad.

For Nonie,

and for my co-worker.

When I look at the picture now,
I can just hear the wind
that moved the canopy of leaves,
to allow the sunlight,
that made the flower's shadow appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment