Tuesday, June 7, 2011

onomatopoeia


I came home tonight to a formal note from the health department at the school warning of an outbreak of coxsackie - you know, hand-foot-mouth-disease. Awesome, I thought, as I flipped the notice into the recycling bin.

Anyway, just that word: coxsackie, makes me cringe a little.
Could we all just agree now that coxsackie sounds like its meaning?
Admittedly, fizz & hiss are better examples of onomatopoeia, but I think coxsackie is right up there.

For those still reading, the real highlight of the evening was coming home to these incredible eyes, this scattering of cute freckles, and this huge heart that sometimes spews forth passion and emotion that can bowl and unassuming mother right over.


Which leaves me with the point to all this:


Coxsackie?

No comments:

Post a Comment