Friday, June 24, 2011

It's not every day you have chickens in your kitchen.

"It's not every day you have chickens in your kitchen."

I said this phrase to Dec and Nonie many times during the past four days.

I mean, it is almost every day that we have chicken in our kitchen.

But, it's not every day that we have chickens in our kitchen.

I can't figure out why I liked saying this so much.
And the kids, they never complained about me saying it.
Perhaps because it rhymed? (Poet didn't know it.)

So we got home from the WHIRLWIND COUSIN END OF YEAR CELEBRATION...

and Dino, Wilma, Betty, and Diamond had moved on up
"Moving on up...
To the east side (to the east side)....
To a deluxe apartment in the sky (
oh yes the sky).....
They're movin on up (
movin' on up)
To the east side (
oh, the east side)
They finally got a piece of the pie............

Now they get to see how the other half lives.

I bet you that....




Granny will spoil them.





Because she's good at spoiling itty bitty fluffy lovey things like babies and chicks.



And I admit that I




miss them.



and



am sad to see them go because I no longer get to stroll about the house pecking out the words....

"chickens in our kitchen.."

(Though it still rolls off my tongue).

It just doesn't work anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment