Saturday, June 25, 2011

No more teachers, no more books....




No more work for the summer?
I wish.

Every year about this time, I get a pit in my stomach.
Or maybe it's an itch in my brain.
Whatever it is, it tells me:

"Quit your job, summer's here and you need to be OFF".


This is an annoying little voice.
But it is also a great reminder to me to slow down.
And try to embrace the best parts of summer, the ones that make me want to drop everything and revert to being a child.

I think I write about this every year, it's like the magic of Christmas or the February blues. The thoughts that go by the wayside when the season has past, then come flooding back, taking over your thoughts upon its return.

But I will not quit my job, (maybe school nurse though)?
I will try my best to continue the summer traditions that I love with my family.

So far I have done my best to:
- eat lots of ice cream
- ride bikes
- stay up late (X finds this very easy)
- go to the candy store
- get lots of bug bites
- eat blueberries
- smile, laugh

and of course,


catch fireflies.











No comments:

Post a Comment