Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Charlie Brown Wins


We go to the library every week.
Sometimes twice.
Visiting the library has become part of who we are.

I love taking out armfuls of books - 99% of them are easy readers.
I really love when the librarians call my children by name.

I really don't love the way libraries smell. But that is neither here nor there.

In the 6 years that Dec has been with us, we've rarely missed a week
and we've hardly ever had an overdue book.

I'm a bit neurotic about this. I'll be the first to admit it.

So, when we went to the library last week to check out books
and learned that we have one overdue, I was surprised.

Really? I'd asked.

Yes, the computer lists it right here.

Really? I'd asked again. Just to be sure.

After tearing the house apart, pulling everything out of my car
and even searching under the fridge - no luck.

So this is my plea to the family: has anyone seen "It's a homerun Charlie Brown".
Dec claims he never even saw it come out of the library bag.

This is the great unsolved mystery of the summer.

Where the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is it?!?

Charlie Brown, it's not just a home run.

You knocked it outta the park.

Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment