Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And this is what Mama Earth did.


Last night the sun set right on me. On us.

Down at the lake with the kiddos in tow.

I raced in from work and whisked them away to the beautiful out-of-doors that I had admired all day from my stuffy office window.

Determined to spend some "quality time" before the sunset, I threw blankets on them in the red wagon and wheeled them as fast as I could to the lake. To the LAKE! To the LAKE!

I was still dressed in my fashionable heels and crisp work clothes.

Nonie chewed on Dec's wandering fingers while I pulled.

Once our feet hit the soft sand, the kids dug and scooted and ran about, and played with sticks.
I sat quietly and observed them and their surroundings.

And this is what Mama Earth did.

No comments:

Post a Comment