Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pretty in Pink


I know that everyone mourns differently. Having been surrounded by death in my everyday life, I sometimes feel as though I am jaded. It happens all the time, it happens to everyone, let's deal with it and move one.
But it is different. Especially when it is someone close. Someone whose smile lights up a room, whose laugh penetrates the hearts and souls around them and whose pink lips could make anyone wish they could wear lipstick too.
I missed out on mourning as a group for Muzz, but I did not miss out on mourning. I thought of her as I passed through the grocery store the other day and saw Lorna Doone's. I see Maddy and Tese, and Andrew and can't help to think of her. I mourn as a mother, as a daughter, a sister, a relative, a Catholic, a friend.
I can't imagine one life, one heart, one smile, having an effect on so many. And she did. What a beautiful, shining example for all of us to remember and embody.


Now let's see if my lips are up to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment