Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hugs and I Love You's...


I am pretty sure we've touched on the hugs.
I am not a touchy feely type. At all. Sometimes I even look at people who I know don't know each other all that well and see them hugging, fakely, exaggerating it so as to draw attention to themselves, and I cringe.
But I do love hugs, and I love you's. Especially unwarranted ones. Today I got a lot. And so did Nonie. Poor girl. Just sitting strapped into the shopping cart minding her own business watching the singing milk cartons and tasting every sample Stew had to offer. With monster Xave grabbing her from behind for 20 minutes.
After some free samples, mini cider donuts, chicken fingers and a candy corn or two we climbed back into the car. And while everyone was tired, no one closed their eyes. A very bleary eyed Dec repeated from the back, "Emma, I love you" over and over again. Just like he does every week we are together. And I melt.
I will miss our Wednesday fundays when I start my new job, but will do my best to make some time for the four of use. Two boys and two girls, it's a perfect combo.
And plenty of hugs to go around.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my. I didn't see this before I posted mine. It made me cry and then laugh so hard at that picture of dec as the cow. Oh my gosh I'm tearing up. What a funny picture! P.S. he's been talking about the singing milk cartons all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or is that Dec as a goat. Now I'm laughing even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A goat smelling a cows bum, perhaps? That picture of Xave and Nonie is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete