Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stories not found in books


Went to the vineyard in search of something.

Not sure what that something was.

And I found a 4 year old boy curling up with me in the loft "compartment" asking me to tell him
stories that are not found in books.

And I found an ambitious almost 1 year old who can (shockingly) pick her own self up and get where she needs to go. Whenever she wants to go there. Even if it is in the darkness of night.

And I found my motivation to go to the vineyard summed up in the following quote in a magazine I picked up the first night:

"
I hope to spend a day on Martha's Vineyard an island which has always seemed remote enough from the world to enable one to get a perspective on what is going on."
Eleanor Roosevelt

And written in the sand on the beach.

And in the smiles of my amazingly wonderful children and their equally wonderful cousin...

And then I knew that I had squeezed every single last drop out of this summer.

And I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment