Friday, January 15, 2010

Drivin' Dirty

I spend some some time in the car now.
And by some I mean, a lot.
And by car, I mean, my second home.

So, I have noticed in the past couple of months that all this time in the car might be reeking havoc on my driving etiquette.

I like to think that I have a clean driving record. Except for that one MINOR accident junior year in high school in the 1 month old car and the 5 car FENDER BENDER involving multiple members of the lacrosse team. Needless to say students were NOT ALLOWED to drive their own vehicles to sporting events after that. (But seriously, why were we allowed to in the first place?)
In addition to the minor dents, broken headlights, a dead deer now and then, ASIDE FROM THOSE TYPES OF THINGS, I have a good record.


But now...my job is to BE IN MY CAR.
And I have noticed that this has left me a bit LAZY in my DRIVING BEHAVIORS.

For example, the other day I realized I was steering WITH MY KNUCKLES ONLY, like, the top knuckles, and I am pretty sure I was on the highway.

And I have decided that the BEST TIME to pull out my phone and make some calls is while merging onto a major road, highway OR when I am driving through a construction zone with MULTIPLE POLICE CARS ready and waiting to bust me.

But this afternoon I realized I might really be in danger. I started DRANCING.

Yup.


I did it.


I was driving and dancing.



And this is by far the most dangerous, because as I was moving my arms, and singing (only trying to entertain a toddler of course), I was also pressing the gas in rhythm with the music.
And maybe swerving a wee bit onto the WRONG SIDE of the double yellow. But it was hard to tell because I was sooooo into it.


Drancing is dangerous, drancing is crazy, drancing is wrong.



And fun.






And I will STOP DRANCING....



...on major roadways, but beware if you meet me on the sideroads where the speed limit is 30mph or less.....





my car will be the one taking the lead.






No comments:

Post a Comment