Sunday, January 10, 2010

us vs. them

In the spirit of the upcoming Olympics, I would like to share with you my thoughts on the way Canadians do two very important things.

The first is cross country skiing.
This picture was taken just over a week ago. We went for a cross country ski and although I fell on my arse two times, I still managed a smile.

I did not take a picture of my experience cross country skiing today because there was no smile involved. There were lots of hills and sprightly Canadians whizzing around me. I would have none of that! So like a true competitor, I took of my skis and walked back to the car. They can't be better if I'm not even trying! Ha!

The second is sledding. Good old-fashioned, no rules, let's get tossed around, when I say "bail" bail, knock people down who are standing in our way sledding.
How are you supposed to do that when your sledding hill looks like this...

Once back on VT soil we took the new sled over to the Round Church hill.


And did some whizzing around of our own.


See Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment