Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boot Makeovers & Cell Phone Sightings?


These are my big ugly "man-boots" that I bought for $9 in northern Maine so SO many years ago (after they spent a rainy afternoon with Declan).

My cute yellow-polka-dot-hand-painted (by 4-year-old Dec)-boots.

These are my boots.

My super cute yellow-polka-dot-with bright yellow grosgrain ribbon bows woven into the tops that used to be big ugly "man-boots". Thanks Dec, any time I need someone to paint my boots in the future - you're the one I'll beeline for.

Today was the first day I wore my super cute boots since the "boot makeover" which took place at Gran's house while she was in Florida and Nonie was asleep in the car in the driveway and Dec and I needed and searched (ransacked the entire house - more like it) for a rainy day project.

Anyway. I prolly got about 14 comments about these kicks today. I mean, wouldn't you comment if you saw them coming at you? Apparently, people think I'm creative.

Apparently, I need to go into business.

And I would be way more excited about this idea (have I created the "next big thing"???), except for the fact that all day long I couldn't find my cell phone.

Just typing it gives me angst.

Still can't find it. I've called it and the ringer is off. Why do I own a phone anyway?

So, I can't really focus on making millions by having Dec spend the rest of his life using Gran's circular sponges to paint big yellow polka-dots on $9 boots.

'Cause I can't find my phone.

Has anyone seen my phone?

It is pink.

Plain Pink with no Polka Dots.



Anyone?

1 comment: