Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time Out

I guess I am in Time Out. I am not sure what I have done (sure I could dust off some less than complimentary acts, or words that I might have done or said), but I am being punished by the God(s). Or my glass half full side of me would like to say being 'tested' cuz I'm tuff and I can take it.
So this week the Gods played hardball with me:
  • two surgeries,
  • racing to the hosptital, of course the pres was in town to add to the chaos
  • the endless updates of text messages
  • shake hands at a wedding
  • racing to rehab, yes we hit traffic
  • racing back to work,
  • losing Patti for not two days, but ten (so we'll pay her for all ten, just to make sure she comes back on day eleven)
  • the daycare center that just last week dropped its back up childcare program (They said if only I called last week, ARGH)
  • beg, borrow and plea with everyone to spend time with the most adorable face on the Upper West Side (thank you all) and then...
  • my babysitter oversleeps making me later than ever (and just for good measure Annie tinkled through her diaper, pjs and sheets so bath and laundry was an added bonus
  • work could not be busier
  • work out with a new trainer 2X = bad idea - I ache from my nose to my toes
And then tonight with the end in sight, just 24 more hours until I can collapse on my couch, we see water. Not in the sink, but under it . All I can do is look up at the ceiling as if I see those magical Gods and say really, REALLY???

Was that just the icing on the cake or will the next 24 hrs bring a grand finale? I say to those Gods is that way you want to play? I am just putting it in writing for all to see that I CAN TAKE IT so BRING IT ON!

I laugh at you.. you will not beat me. Not this week.

2 comments: