Monday, May 3, 2010

Ramblings from the post-road.

Here is how I shall remember each state:

Florida = I need a map. How is Orlando only in the middle?
Georgia = 75% of you is under construction and I never did see Paula Deen.
South Carolina = Florence. And I think there was this place called Pedro's but they should have advertised more.
North Carolina = Best radio stations to which Erin liked to sing along.
Virginia = Never get off at the Bank St. exit unless you are packing heat.
Washington, DC = There were some big buildings but you're not really a state so...
Maryland = No sign of Ace of Cakes from the highway so we drove on through.
Delaware = Thankfully short so Erin didn't have to curse the 55mph speed limit for too long. Curse curse.
NJ = Borders Delaware? Who knew!
NY = Good morning Annie Shea!
CT = Almost home.
NY again = THE GATE WAS CLOSED.

PHEW now that I have that off my chest I can get onto some more important matters.

Apparently of all the tchotchke's that I subconsciously wanted to steal from the Sanibel House, only one made its way into my bag. What are you picturing? A "Beach House Rules" sign? The parrot from the porch? Net webbing filled with booty above the sliding door?

Better.



A night light.

In other news, the horse from the backyard did not, in fact, die at the end of the fall. He's the brown dot in the center of this picture and he's alive!

Another surprise was to come home to green grass instead of white snow. It was the opposite of a Christmas miracle which was exactly what I was hoping for.



There were flowering trees and tuliping tulips!

All is right with the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment