Sunday, May 23, 2010

Making It

Time. I need to make more of it, make it last longer, make it go faster, make it slow down, make it worth while, make it productive, make it relaxing, make it...

In the mornings my time is eaten up quickly. And I know I could make it less rushed if I got up a little earlier, but that would make my sleep time less and that is never a good idea. So mornings are quick, making lunch, coffee, dishes, getting me dressed, getting Xave dressed packing lunch and lugging 3 bags out the door. (4 on Mondays when we wash the NAPPER over the weekend).




But being that Xave enjoys NOTHING more then playing ball, our mornings are not complete without playing a little catch. The other day I found myself flat ironing my hair with one hand while pitching him balls to swing at with the other.



And I need to try to remember that it's not hard. I can make the time to throw the ball, read the book, color the paper. That is the fun time. The play time. The QUALITY time that can easily be missed when life gets in the way of LIFE.

Just remind me of that tomorrow morning (MONDAY=NAPPER) when I am running around, getting organized, hair HALFWAY straightened, looking for keys (khees mommy? khees?), shouting and singing how SCHOOL IS FUN and WORK IS FUN and trying to tell Xavy, we can PLAY when we get home. I will take a deep breath and make it the time NOW...all the time.










No comments:

Post a Comment