Friday, June 4, 2010

The things I'd sooner forget.




I'd sooner forget that just hours ago "my" dog held another dog's stomach firmly between his teeth.

And that moments after that he held a different dog's mouth EVEN MORE firmly between his teeth.

I'd sooner forget that I cried because I felt helpless and disappointed.

And that when I called the dog lady she said "you don't have to adopt him".

I'd sooner forget the wild look on his face, as if he'd been in that situation before. But with no one to pull him off.

And that he has a story to tell. About being alone, and sick. About wandering and fighting. Defending and attacking.

I'd sooner forget this feeling of frustration. With a dog. I want to give him unconditional love.

And stop calling him "face eater".

But if it looks like a duck...
and bites like a duck...

No comments:

Post a Comment